Christina Unruh, MSW, LCSWA is an intensively trained DBT Therapist and Skills Trainer through Behavioral Tech, LLC as well as The Treatment Collaborative, LLC where she received advanced training in Exposure Therapy to address trauma symptoms and emotional avoidance. She is a member of an intensively trained DBT Consultation Team and provides clinically adherent Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Cary, North Carolina. She utilizes evidence-based protocols to treat Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety and Panic Disorders. She is skilled at addressing environmental origins of problem behaviors including family systems, and attachment in early childhood.
Are you asking any of THESE questions?
Why do I behave this way?
What’s wrong with me?
How did I get this way?
Will I ever feel normal?
Christina Unruh, MSW, LCSWA utilizes evidence-based behavioral therapy to:
- Identify behaviors from a nonjudgmental perspective
- Teach you how to problem-solve behaviors that are not working for you
- Assess the larger context in which problem behaviors were learned and reinforced and what maintains them today
- Validate early childhood experiences of growing up in a chaotic and/or addictive family system
- Increase your ability to experience all emotions safely through exposure and validation
- Expand your awareness of your own thoughts and feelings, and help you relate to the world (and yourself) less judgmentally
- Enhance your social skills to be a more effective friend and partner
- Improve your problem solving through dialectical thinking
I Specialize In:
Christian Counseling blended with:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Exposure Therapies
- Motivational Interviewing
- Depressive Disorders
- Trauma and Adjustment Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Grief and Loss
- Marital and family Issues
- Women’s Issues
- Addiction and Codependency
It has taken awhile but you are finally here.
You are ready to try psychotherapy or counseling because you need your life to change fast. Maybe you are about to buckle under all the stress and you have people depending on you. Maybe you are one argument away from doing irreparable harm to a relationship or one write-up away from losing the best job you’ve ever had. You need therapy that really works and you need it TODAY.
Christina Unruh, MSW, LCSWA utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to help you conceptualize the problems in your life so that you can actually solve them.. You will have new ideas and strategies in your first session.
Call Christina today at 919-336-0435 for a FREE PHONE CONSULTATION.